Automating Life Sciences Tech Talk Series
Join traceability expert and Director of Traceability Solutions for Omron, John Agapakis, for the first of four Tech Talks focusing on the life sciences Industry.
Extracting value from unit-level traceability: Rising to Life Sciences’ data challenge
The breadth and scope of traceability has expanded significantly along with advances in technology, making it a critical application for today’s Life Sciences companies. In addition to the economic justification of implementing unit-level traceability and the liability implications of mislabeling or recalling products, regulatory agencies have introduced serialization requirements, such as FDA’s UDI (Unique Device ID) mandate for medical device manufacturing and DSCSA (Drug Supply Chain Security Act) for pharmaceutical packaging.
In this Tech Talk, we will discuss:
- The internal benefits of traceability solutions as well as external mandates and regulations
- The evolution to ‘Traceability 4.0’ and why it’s about optimizing productivity and quality by tying product to process data
- Technologies including: 1D codes printed on labels, 2D codes directly printed on parts (DPM) and RFID systems
- Omron’s MVRC (Mark-Verify-Read-Communicate) deployment methodology
- New integrated machine vision solutions for in-line inspection and print/mark quality verification