CS1 is Omron's most extensive PLC family, with a maximum capacity of 5120 'local' digital I/Os. Up to 7 expansion racks can be connected to a single CPU rack, bringing the maximum number of I/O units to 80. Any combination from over 200 models of digital I/Os, analog I/Os, control units and communication units can be mounted in any order. The huge instruction set and function block library allow you to write very compact programs, using any mix of IEC 61131-3 Structured Text and ladder language.
- Fast CPUs with large program capacity
- Extensive choice of special function units for motion- and temperature control, and special communication processing
- IEC 61131-3 Structured Text programming, extensive function block libraries
- CompactFlash memory card slot for data storage and program exchange
- Easy migration from C200H systems; re-use your existing I/Os
Open to any communication, standard or user-defined
CS1 provides both standardised open networks interfaces, and cost-efficient high-speed proprietary network links. Datalinks between PLCs, or to higher-level information systems can be made using Serial or Ethernet links, or the easy-to-use Controller Link network.
Omron supports the 2 major field networks, DeviceNet and PROFIBUS-DP. For high-speed field I/O, Omron's own CompoBus/S offers an unsurpassed ease of installation. Fully user-configurable Serial and CAN-based communication can be used to emulate a variety of application-specific protocols.
Add motion control to any CS1 PLC
From simple position measurement to multi-axis synchronised motion control, CS1 offers a full range of units:
- Counter units gather position information from SSI- or incremental encoders. Actual positions are compared with internally stored target values.
- Position control Units are used for point-to-point positioning with servo drives or stepper motors. Target data and acceleration/deceleration curves can be adjusted on-the-fly.
- Position- and motion control Units equipped with MECHATROLINK-II interface can control multiple drives through a single high-speed link. Message routing through mutliple communication layers allows the attached drives to be configured from any point in the control network.
From basic analogue I/O to process control
CS1 offers a wide choice of analogue input units, fit for any application, from low-speed, multi-channel temperature measurement to high-speed, high-accuracy data acquisition. Analogue outputs can be used for accurate control or external indication.
Advanced units with built-in scaling, filtering and alarm functions reduce the need for complex PLC programming. High-accuracy process I/O units support an extensive range of sensors, for fast and accurate data acquisition. All Process and temperature I/O units provide isolation between all individual channels.
Up to 96 I/O points per unit - input, output or mixed
Digital I/O units serve as the PLCs interface to achieve fast, reliable sequence control. A full range of units, from high-speed DC inputs to relay outputs, let you adapt CS1 to your needs.CS1 units are available with various I/O densities and connection technologies. Up to 16 I/O points can be wired to units with detachable M3 screw terminals directly. High-density 32- and 64- point I/O units are equipped with standard 40-pin connectors. Prefabricated cables and wiring terminals are available for easy interfacing to high-density I/O units.
Expand with up to 7 racks
CS1 systems can operate on 24 VDC power supply, or on 100 - 240 VAC mains. For small-scale systems with mainly digital I/O a low-cost small-capacity power supply can be used. For systems with many analog I/Os and control/communication units, it may be necessary to use a larger power supply unit.
PLC racks are available in several sizes, from 2 to 10 slots wide. Special backplanes are required for duplex systems. Depending on the CPU type, up to 7 expansions can be connected to the CPU rack, giving a total capacity of 80 I/O units. The total length of the expansion cables of one system may be up to 12 m.
The dual-redundant PLC system for never-fail control
CS1D adds a number of dual-redundancy options to the well-proven CS1 architecture to ensure around-the-clock operation without minimal downtime. Duplex CPUs, with or without loop control functions, are continuously cross-checked for errors, without the need for special programs to be written by the user. An even simpler way to increase system availability is to use dual power supply units. Hot swapping of CPUs, power supplies and I/O units allow system maintenance with little or no process interruption.
- Choose the level of redundancy needed; CPU, power supply, communication
- No special programming or software tools required
- Hot-swapping of I/O units
- All standard CS1 I/O units can be mounted
- Ideal for control of power generators, water supply utilities, 24/7 production.