What are Cookies?
- Cookies are small data files stored on your browser or device. Some cookies are deleted once you close your browser, while other cookies are retained even after you close your browser so that you can be recognized when you return to the Site. They may be served by the entity that operates the website you are visiting (“first-party cookies”) or by other companies (“third-party cookies”). For example, we partner with third-party analytics providers, like Google, which set cookies when you visit our Site. This helps us understand how you are using our Site and Services so that we can improve them.
- Pixels (also known as web beacons, web bugs, clear GIFs or tags) are small images on a web page or in an email. Pixels collect information about your browser or device and can set cookies.
- Local storage allows data to be stored locally on your browser or device and includes HTML5 local storage and browser cache.
- Strictly Necessary: These cookies are essential for our Site and Services to function properly and cannot be switched off in our system. Like the other cookies we use, strictly necessary cookies may be either first-party cookies or third-party cookies. These cookies do not store any personally identifiable information.
- Analytics / Performance: We use these cookies to collect information about how you interact with our Site and Services and to help us improve them. If you do not allow these cookies, then we will not know when you have visited our site. For example, we may use these cookies to determine if you have interacted with a certain page and to learn more about which features are the most popular with our users and where we may need to make improvements.
- Targeting: We and our advertising partners use these cookies to deliver advertisements, to make them more relevant and meaningful to visitors to our website, and to track the efficiency of our advertising campaigns, both on our services and on other websites.
For a full list of the cookies we deploy on our website and the categories they fall into, please see below:
These cookies may be set through our site by our advertising partners. They may be used by those companies to build a profile of your interests and show you relevant adverts on other sites. They do not store directly personal information, but are based on uniquely identifying your browser and internet device. If you do not allow these cookies, you will experience less targeted advertising.
These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve the performance of our site. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. If you do not allow these cookies we will not know when you have visited our site, and will not be able to monitor its performance.
Social Media Cookies
These cookies are set by a range of social media services that we have added to the site to enable you to share our content with your friends and networks. They are capable of tracking your browser across other sites and building up a profile of your interests. This may impact the content and messages you see on other websites you visit. If you do not allow these cookies you may not be able to use or see these sharing tools.
These cookies enable the website to provide enhanced functionality and personalisation. They may be set by us or by third party providers whose services we have added to our pages. If you do not allow these cookies then some or all of these services may not function properly.
Strictly Necessary Cookies
These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you which amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but some parts of the site will not then work. These cookies do not store any personally identifiable information.
If you access or use the advertising identifier associated with your device or other identifiers may be recorded and used for purposes similar to those of cookies.
- Although most browsers and devices accept cookies by default, their settings usually allow you to clear or decline cookies. If you disable cookies, however, some of the features of our services may not function properly.
- To prevent your data from being used by Google Analytics, you can install Google’s opt-out browser add-on.
- For information on how our advertising partners allow you to opt out of receiving ads based on your web browsing history, please visit http://optout.aboutads.info/.
- To opt out of interest-based ads on Facebook or Google, you may adjust your settings on Facebook or Google Ads.
- The mobile device you use to access our Site or other Services (including our mobile applications) may also allow you to adjust your settings to control ads based on your interactions with applications on your device. For example, on your iOS device, you may enable the “Limit Ad Tracking” setting, and similarly on your Android device, you may enable the “Opt out of Ads Personalization” setting.
Privacy Team Omron Electronics LLC 2895 Greenspoint Parkway, Suite 200, Hoffman Estates, IL 60196