- Marking processes drift from nominal settings ultimately leading to unreadable marks
- Verification is a metrology tool to ensure consistent mark quality
- Verifier can tell not only that mark is readable but also how close it is to edge of readability
- Analogy: Inspection vs. SPC (Statistical Process Control)
- Verification allows adjusting marking process before bad marks are made
Why verify? Because all marking systems degrade over time.
Barcode Quality Over Time Using a READER to Check Quality
Without verification, some "bad" parts escape into the process.
Barcode Quality Over Time Using a VERIFIER to Check Quality
With verification, we prevent bad marks from ever being made.