- Press Release
Notification of the Passing of OMRON Honorary Advisor, Yoshio Tateishi
It is with great sadness that we report the passing of Yoshio Tateishi, Honorary Advisor and former President and CEO of OMRON Corporation. He was 80 years old.
OMRON would like to express our sincere appreciation for the support and friendship extended to him during his lifetime. Our hearts go out to his family and to all who were touched by his leadership and passion.
Yoshio Tateishi’s career:
- 1962 Graduated from Doshisha University (Faculty of Economics)
- 1963 Joined Tateisi Electronics Co. (now OMRON Corporation)
- 1973 Director
- 1976 Managing Director
- 1983 Senior Managing Director
- 1987 President and CEO
- 2003 Representative Director and Chairman of the Board
- 2011 Honorary Chairman
- 2019 Honorary Advisor
Other Roles and Responsibilities:
- 1996 Director of Kyoto Station Building Development Co., Ltd.
- 2006 Chairperson of The Association for the Promotion of International Trade, Japan Kyoto Office
- 2007 President of Kyoto Chamber of Commerce and Industry (until March 31, 2020)
- 2012 Chairman of Tateisi Science and Technology Foundation
- 2018 Chairman of Kyoto Chiesangyo Sozonomori
- 2020 Honorary President of Kyoto Chamber of Commerce and Industry