Omron's SmartSlice I/O system (GRT1) is compact, intelligent and easy to use. By using built-in functions such as pre-scaling, totalising, differentiation and alarming in analog I/O units, PLC programming can be minimised. Preventive maintenance data can be accessed using CX-Integrator software, standard PLC function blocks or NS-series Smart Active Parts.
- Most compact in the market (84 mm high)
- Easy set-up, backup and restore functions
- Diagnostics and preventive maintenance data at I/O level
- Detachable terminal blocks allow hot-swapping without re-wiring
- 3-wire connection with 'push-in' technology, no screwdriver required for installation
Smartslice is the most intelligent and easy-to-use remote I/O system currently available. It allows you to:
- Minimize engineering time
- Troubleshoot rapidly
- Schedule maintenance to prevent breakdowns
Open for communication by open standards
- PROFINET IO: Built-in Ethernet switch and MRP ring redundancy.
- PROFIBUS DP: FDT-DTM for easy access to all intelligence in SmartSlice.
- DeviceNet: The industrial CAN protocol. Efficient and Robust.
- CompoNet: Plug-and-work. No setup required.
- MECHATROLINK-II: For integration in motion control systems.
- EtherCAT: For Trajexia and Sysmac controllers.
No need to stop
Reliable 3-piece construction enabling you to swap modules during operation, without rewiring. All I/O unit data can be backed up in the bus interface unit at the flick of a switch. Recovery is even simpler; after hot-swapping a unit, all settings are automatically loaded.
No tools required
Easy push in wiring for quick installation. The SmartSlice terminal blocks provide fast and reliable screwless clamp connections.
All Omron I/O units have built-in Smart Features that help to:
- Reduce engineering time
- Plan preventative maintainance
- Increase your productivity
Take a look at one of the features below for a demonstration.
Smart I/O can store the last date on which you performed maintenance. A better overview will help you plan maintenance more efficiently.
Smart I/O units all keep track of duration and number of operations, to help you plan machine maintenance. Timely warnings to inspect and adjust the machine will minimise unplanned downtime.
Smart I/O monitors its own supply voltage, and will warn you if the voltage is out of safe range - e.g. due to damaged cable or poor connection.
Smart I/O can measure delays between two I/O signals with millisecond accuracy. When your preset limit is exceeded, Smart I/O will warn you that wear or lack of lubrication has reduced machine performance.
Smart Analog I/O performs data pre-processing to help you reduce PLC programming. Scaling and alarms, and even totalising or rate-of-change calculations are handled inside the unit.