Protect your people while maintaining productivity and efficiency.
Omron, your trusted partner in safety
Protecting workers from harm is a universal industry goal, but machine and plant safety can often seem intimidating. The complex maze of standards and regulations can be difficult to navigate without the right help. Omron’s unmatched combination of expertise, products and services can help you protect your team without sacrificing output.
Our value as a safety partner goes well beyond our comprehensive range of world-class products. Our team of TÜV Certified Functional Safety Engineers offers risk assessments and customized solutions for your machine, application or entire plant.
We can assist you in engineering a safety solution and completing on any required remediation, and we can also train your engineers and production workers on safety compliance and best practices. All of this is backed by a global supply network and support staff.
This solution will help you:
- Protect and warn operators of potential safety hazards
- Save companies from costs associated with a safety incident such as regulatory fines, downtime, legal fees and increased OSHA inspections
- Reduce liability by validating that a machine meets safety requirements in the event of a workplace injury
- Allow for integration of robotics into a production or packaging line to speed throughput and handle repetitive tasks
- Keep compliance with OSHA, which requires a minimum level of protection around some machines
- Maintain compliance with safety standards
- Meet retailer codes of practice (if applicable) for workplace safety
- Decrease the risk for operators caused by wear on machines
- Reduce productivity loss from downtime
- Control targeted sections of machines or lines for maintenance or change-over without stopping the entire line
A global leader in custom safety products and services
Our global team is ready to help you minimize risks and stay in compliance with regulations.
Gain the Omron advantage with:
- A complete range of global safety products
- Education on safety compliance and adoption
- Assessments and risk identification
- Comprehensive engineering design
- Compliance reviews by TÜV Certified Functional Safety Engineers
- Global supply and support
Arc Flash services
Service to help you protect your team and maintain compliance
Lock out / Tag out
Turn-key lock out/tag out for easy compliance
Machine Guarding Safety Validation Service Brochure
Machine Stop Time Measurement Service Brochure
Remote Risk Assessment Service Brochure
Services Safety Assessment Brochure
Safety Services Flyer
Machine Safety Skill Builder Flyer
Safety Services Brochure
TÜV Rheinland Functional Safety for Technicians Program Brochure
Comprehensive two-and-a-half-day training with exam
Gain expertise in Safety System Maintenance
Machine Safety Technology Brochure
Machine Safety Technology Guide
Comprehensive Safety Solutions from Omron
Advanced safety solutions from a trusted provider.
Using a safety standard for start and restart
Once a safeguarded space is defined by a risk assessment it’s time to determine where the start and restart should be located – and when it can be safely activated.
Understanding the Standards for Safety Guard Switches ISO 14119
New safety standards clarify how to select safety guard mechanical switches and how to diagnose if their series wiring creates a dangerous fault masking situation.
Omron makes safety work for beverage producer
A worldwide milk and soya producer at their Canadian facility, identified two specific areas of the production line where additional safety features could be applied, namely the robotic palletizing ce...
Omron’s Motion and Control Systems help American Packaging & Plant Equipment put this one in the bag!
American Packaging & Plant Equipment in Cambridge, Ontario specializes in intermittent and continuous motion vertical form fill seal (VFFS) bagging machines for the packaging industry - from snack foo...
How to detect the state of the Safe Off circuit?
Know the root cause of the shut down quickly and efficiently.
Omron solution reduces wiring, enables hassle-free setup by customer
Integrating safety control into manufacturing operations can be a major challenge.