- Skill Development
Omron Functional Safety Training for Engineers (English)
This 9 week program is designed for engineers in the Americas to understand and to apply the standards and requirements for functional safety. With an emphasis on the regional regulations, students will learn the theoretical and practical information concerning standards and formal risk assessment methodology for functional safety. Students will participate in an initial one week training class at Omron covering all of the relevant materials. This initial training will be followed by 7 weekly 1 hour webinars reinforcing key information and expanding on relevant topics. Additionally, students will also have access to 27 e-learnings specifically related to functional safety.
The final week of the program will be the official TUV Rheinland Functional Safety of Machinery training. Students who attend the last week and successfully complete the exam are eligible to be certified as TUV Rheinland Functional Safety Engineers.
This course is intended for seasoned engineers with an interest in functional machine safety.
While the course is open to all, certification as a TUV Functional Safety Engineer requires at least three years of relevant safety experience.
Students are required to have the relevant standards (individual or corporate purchase) during the training:
- ISO 13849-1
- ISO 13849-2
- IEC 62061
- ISO 12100
Registrants may cancel or reschedule training sessions without penalty, if notice is given more than 10 business days prior to the first day of training. Cancellation or rescheduling notices given less than 10 business days prior to the first day of training, will be assessed a fee equal to 50% of the training cost. If no notice is given and registrant fails to attend, 100% of the training cost will be invoiced. Omron reserves the right to cancel a class 10 business days prior to the first day of training if the minimum registration requirement is not met.
- Week 1: 5 Days Classroom: Omron led Functional Safety Training at Hoffman Estates, IL
- Week 2: Webinar #1 - Standard types, risk assessment, machine directives
- Week 3: Webinar #2 - Fixed Guards and eStops
- Week 4: Webinar #3 - ISO 13849-1
- Week 5: Webinar #4 - Functional safety management, software
- Week 6: Webinar #5 - IEC 62061
- Week 7: Webinar #6 - Questions sent in by attendees
- Week 8: Webinar #7 - Final Week Preparation: TUV material & test expectations
- Week 9: 5 Days Classroom - TUV Rheinland Functional Safety of Machinery. Monday-Thursday: Classroom instruction Friday: TUV Rheinland Functional Safety of Machinery Engineer Exam