Safeguarding Fundamentals - FPE Automation, Inc.
One-day event offers hands-on training. The session will introduce you to the requirements, methods, and practical application of machine and process safeguarding.
Date of event - February 26, 2020
Event Time - 9:00 AM - 3:00 PM CST
FPE Automation, Inc. Training Facility
80 Gordon Street
Elk Grove Village, IL 60007
One-day event offers hands-on training. The session will introduce you to the requirements, methods, and practical application of machine and process safeguarding. You will be introduced to applicable regulatory requirements to help you identify and assess machine safety risks, deploy safeguarding concepts based on identified risks and participate in a basic machine guarding inspection process of your equipment.
You will learn how to:
- Identify hazards in your facility
- Assess risk on identified hazards & perform a basic machine guarding inspection
- Recognize applicable machine safeguarding regulations and census standards
- Identify appropriate risk reduction measures and commensurate with level of risk
- Identify machine and process hazards
- Identify safeguarding requirements
- Safety circuits / control reliability
- Hierarchy of controls / safeguarding methods
- Muting vs. bypassing
- Requirements for barrier guards
- Stop time measurements & safety distance formulas
- Types of stops
- General requirements of machine tools
- Workshop (team risk assessment on shop floor)
Refreshments and lunch will be provided by the event host.
The event is hosted by FPE Automation, a full-service, award-winning, stocking distributor of premier components for industry.