Machine Safety One-Day Course - ONExia
In this special accelerated one-day course, Students will learn the requirements, methods and practical application of machine and process safeguarding.
Date of event - September 24, 2019
Event Time - 8:00AM to 5:00PM EST
Students will be introduced to applicable regulations and standards such as NFPA 79, ANSI B11.0, ANSI B11.19, ISO 13849 and others to help them identify and assess machine safety risks, identify possible mitigations and participate in a basic machine guarding inspection process.
Students will also have the opportunity to practice hands-on activities with light curtains, safety controller and other safeguarding technologies.
Free admission, class is limited, registration is required.
Who should attend this event?
This course is intended for anyone that has responsibilities to reduce machine and process risks in a facility, including machine operators, maintenance personnel, engineers, OHS specialists, and managers
- A practical approach to Risk Assessment & Risk Reduction
- Identify Machine and Process Hazards
- Identify Safeguarding Requirements
- Safety Circuits / Control Reliability
- Hierarchy of Controls / Safeguarding methods
- Muting vs. Bypassing
- Requirements for fixed, moveable, adjustable, perimeter & interlocked guards
- Stop Time Measurements and Safety Distance formulas
- Types of Stops
- General Requirements of Machine Tools
- Apply a proactive approach to machine safety
- Identify hazards in your facility
- Recognize applicable machine safeguarding regulations and consensus standards
- Identify appropriate risk reduction measures commensurate with level of risk
- Participate in Hands-on activities to reinforce use of light curtains, safety controllers, etc.
- Apply the Hierarchy of controls – Administrative/Safeguarding/Improved Design