Problems with light curtain installation and maintenance result in unnecessary costs and unplanned downtime on a regular basis. The MS4800 safety light curtain is an all-purpose light curtain available with Individual Beam Indicators (IBIs) to help with alignment and troubleshooting. Three different versions depending on the functionality needed and options for quick and easy fixed blanking programming make MS4800 an ideal solution for a variety of applications.
- Series connection: 4 segments
- Various muting and blanking functions
- Range to 20 m (65 ft.)
- Protected heights from 280 to 2120 mm (11 to 83.5 in.)
- Resolutions from 14 mm (o.55 in.) to 40 mm (1.57 in.)
- IP65 Rated
- Compact size 50 x 38 mm (2 x 1.5 in.)
- Resolutions: 14 mm (0.55 in.), 20 mm (0.79 in.), 30 mm (1.18 in.), and 40 mm (1.57 in.)
- Ranges: 7 m (23 ft.) for 14 mm resolution systems; and 20 m (65 ft.) for 20, 30 and 40 mm resolution systems
- Protected Heights: 280 to 2120 mm (11 to 83.5 in.)
- Compact size: 50 x 38 mm (2 x 1.5 in.)
- “Two-box” design — no separate control box; no cable between transmitter and receiver
- Individual Beam Indicators
- Quick and easy fixed blanking programming option “SB1”
- Simple cascading models
The MS4800 light curtain family is an all-purpose light curtain available in three distinct versions. These versions are identified as the MS4800A, MS4800B and the MS4800S. The MS4800A and MS4800B feature set (configuration) can be changed through the use of an external device called the Programming Diagnostic Module (PDM) and on the MS4800S through selector switches.
The PDM is used to program, configure and troubleshoot MS4800A and MS4800B systems. A qualified person simply plugs the PDM cable into a mating connector on either the transmitter or receiver. The PDM draws power from the curtain and allows quick display of the light curtain’s status for troubleshooting purposes. After log-in, all configuration settings can be accessed and programmed. The PDM has five function buttons that allow navigation through the set-up menus.