Support small and variable part detection with new CMOS photoelectric sensors
For manufacturers seeking to accurately detect small, transparent or variably colored parts, the E3AS-HL Series CMOS photoelectric sensors are an excellent option. Customers can choose from 500mm and 150mm versions with either a small spot beam or a line beam. All variations have foreground (FGS) or background (BGS) suppression, improving part detection selectivity.
The E3AS-HL sensors are extremely robust thanks to their SUS 316L construction and IP69K rating. The line also incorporates IO-Link for acquiring measurement data in real-time.
How the E3AS sensors keep detection stable as objects vary
Stable detection can be a challenging proposition on flexible manufacturing lines. Here are a few ways Omron’s technology makes it work.
- Stable detection of uneven objects. E3AS-HL Series line beam sensors mitigate surface issues like unevenness by “averaging” variable contours of the surface to achieve stable detection.
- Reliable detection of small targets. The E3AS-HL series uses a small spot beam (~2.5mm wide) to reliably detect small objects out to 500mm.
- Single unit detection of transparent objects. With the CMOS technology behind the E3AS-HL, the need for a reflector is eliminated improving installation time and removing space considerations for reflectors
- Stable detection for flexible manufacturing lines. With Omron’s sensors, the influence of color patterns and gloss is minimized allowing users to standardize on a single product regardless of changes in the production line.
Simple teach mechanism and IO-link make setup easier than ever
The E3AS-HL series features the same single teach button of the E3AS-F and adds an OLED display to make status information readily accessible at all times. Teaching can also be done remotely via IO-Link. The sensors enable a variety of teaching options, including the following:
- Two-point object/background teaching
- Background suppression teaching to ignore objects or backgrounds behind the object
- Foreground suppression to ignore objects in front of the object
- Window setting for using BGS and FGS together
All teach options can be implemented via IO-Link and can be done with measurement data that can be retrieved or input into the device.