Safety Skill Builder – Virtual (English)
This is a live-streaming, instructor-led online course discussing requirements, methods, and practical application of machine and process safeguarding. Students will be introduced to applicable regulatory requirement to help them identify and assess machine safety risks, deploy safeguarding concepts based on identified risk and participate in a virtual basic machine guarding inspection process
Each training session will be 3.5 hours long and training will be held on 2 consecutive days. 10 students max.
This course is intended for anyone that has responsibilities to reduce machine and process risks in a facility, including both plant employees and corporate employees.
- A computer with Internet connection will be required for access to: www.automation.omron.com/en/us/products/category/safety
- Zoom.us.com installed on computer will be required. Students can download www.zoom.us.com if they do not currently have the software installed on their own PC.
Recommended eLearning modules
Optional eLearning Modules
Omron requires a $200, fully refundable, course registration fee for channel partner participants in all instructor-led courses. This registration fee is waived and the PO is not charged if the partner attends and completes the training course.
Omron employees, please seek your manager’s approval before registering for a course.
Day 1 – Lessons include:
- A practical approach to risk assessment & risk reduction
- Identify Machine Process Hazards
- Identify safeguarding requirements
- Safety circuits/ control reliability discussions
- Hierarchy of controls / safeguarding methods
Day 2 – Lessons include:
- Requirements for barrier guards
- Stop time measurements and safety distance formula discussions
- Muting vs. bypassing
- Types of stops
- General requirements of machine tools
- Virtual assessment workshop