Virtual Skill Builder Online Training (English)
This is a live-streaming, instructor-led online course discussing requirements, methods, and practical application of machine and process safeguarding. Students will be introduced to applicable regulatory requirement to help them identify and assess machine safety risks, deploy safeguarding concepts based on identified risk and participate in a virtual basic machine guarding inspection process
Each training session will be 3.5 hours long and training will be held on 2 consecutive days. 10 students max.
This course is intended for anyone that has responsibilities to reduce machine and process risks in a facility, including both plant employees and corporate employees.
- A computer with Internet connection will be required for access to: www.automation.omron.com/en/us/products/category/safety
- Zoom.us.com installed on computer will be required. Students can download www.zoom.us.com if they do not currently have the software installed on their own PC.
Recommended eLearning modules
Optional eLearning Modules
Distributors System Integrators may attend training classes at no cost, unless noted. However, a $300 fee will be charged to the Company if the student doesn’t show up or cancels less than 48 hours prior to the class start date.
Omron employees, please seek your manager's approval before registering for a course.
Classes range in duration from two to three days. Class hours are 8:30AM to 5:00PM, unless otherwise noted.
Day 1 – Lessons include:
- A practical approach to risk assessment & risk reduction
- Identify Machine Process Hazards
- Identify safeguarding requirements
- Safety circuits/ control reliability discussions
- Hierarchy of controls / safeguarding methods
Day 2 – Lessons include:
- Requirements for barrier guards
- Stop time measurements and safety distance formula discussions
- Muting vs. bypassing
- Types of stops
- General requirements of machine tools
- Virtual assessment workshop